As the world's largest women's patriotic organization, the American Legion Auxiliary recognizes that female Junior members will be the leaders of tomorrow. Through your volunteerism in the various programs and services involving veterans and their communities, you can learn leadership skills, earn credit for your volunteerism and meet other girls who can become your lifelong friends. If you are female, 17 years old or younger, consider becoming a part of the American Legion Auxiliary Junior program.
Junior members volunteer with girls in their age group in activities that include:
- Learning about American Flag history
- Participating in parades and patriotic observances
- Planting trees and participating in community beautification programs
- Helping with food drives and Martin Luther King Day of Service events
- Traveling to other cities and states to participate in district, Department, and national meetings
- Helping veterans make poppies and distributing them on Memorial and Veterans Day
- Volunteering at VA Medical Centers and Clinics
- Making and distributing holiday cards for veterans
The Auxiliary encourages young women to lead the way in continuing our legacy of service veterans, their families, and their communities.
Interested in Joining? Print out our membership form and send it to you local American Legion Auxiliary unit.
Printable Application for Membership
Fillable Application for Membership
If you have difficulty finding a local unit, please contact the Department of Ohio for assistance.
To obtain copies of DD-214 Discharge Papers, please contact the National Archives or your local veteran's service office.